Virtual & Augmented Reality Research Network
Sunway University, Malaysia
Virtual and Augmented Reality is developing worldwide across a wide range of disciplines including the rapidly emerging heritage – health – education sectors. This network is housed with the Centre for Research-Creation in Digital Media (CRCDM) at Sunway University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. VARRN empowers a collaborative transdisciplinary team of ASEAN region researchers who will focus on leading edge applications
of technologies to the betterment of the human condition in
these challenging times and beyond.
The creation of a vibrant platform for research and exchange across disciplines and sectors will be advanced through six basic activities:
- Virtual and face-to-face network meetings;
- Pilot projects that instigate innovative knowledge production, create internal exchange and produce research grants, publications and events;
- Workshops and research exchange for faculty and students;
- Collaborative exhibitions and research-creation events;
- ‘Virtual seminars’ webcast and made public through the host institution (Sunway) and other network partners;
- Production of a web site and social media presence to showcase network results, web resources (bibliographies, publications, reports, links to other networks, notifications of events).
“Exploring human and social dynamics through virtuality.”